Curated Intel from the Talent Tech Industry
December 12-18, 2022:
• Taking agility to a whole new level: Talent platform Beamery raises $50M in Series D funding;
• Fearing time’s passage: iHire survey shows job seekers concerned about economy and ageism;
• Democratizing job referrals: Joberfer enters Beta with a vision to disrupt traditional job search;
• Pouring on the capabilities: Fountain intros new tools for seamless scheduling and interviewing;
• Hiring geeks still a challenge: Tech sector layoffs barely dent demand for IT workers.
• Early Bird Discounts are now available for TAtech North America & The World Job Board Forum, which will be held in Austin, Texas USA on May 22-24, 2023. Unlike the conferences that treat talent technology companies as a subset of HR tech, this event is totally focused on the providers of talent technology and their bottom-line success. Its core theme is as simple as it is powerful: A Rising Tide Lifts All Boats!
Beamery Raises $50 Million in Series D Funding
Beamery, the leader in talent lifecycle management, today announced it has closed a $50 million Series D funding round, taking the company to a valuation of over $1 billion – representing a 25% valuation uplift over their previous round in a challenging funding environment. The company’s AI-powered talent platform gives companies, such as General Motors and Johnson & Johnson, the intelligence they need to make the right decisions about their workforce, and supports businesses through each stage of the talent lifecycle – from recruiting, to talent mobility and development, to upskilling. The funding round was led by Teachers’ Ventures Growth (TVG), part of the C$242 billion Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan, adding to its Series C investment in June 2021. TVG focuses on late-stage venture and growth equity investments in companies that use technology to shape a better future.
iHire Survey Shows Job Seekers Most Concerned With the Economy and Ageism in 2023
Job seekers are most concerned with the economy and age discrimination in 2023, according to an iHire survey. Of 4,430 U.S. workers from 57 industries surveyed, 41.1% expect economic downturn or a recession to impact their career or job search in the new year, followed closely by age discrimination (40%).When asked, “Which of the following are you concerned will impact your career or job search in 2023?” top responses ranked as follows: Economic downturn/recession (41.1%); Age discrimination (40.0%); Stress/burnout (24.1%); Employer ghosting (16.3%); Layoffs (15.6%); Pay cuts (11.2%); COVID-19 (7.4%). “With five generations in the workforce and more Americans delaying retirement, it’s not surprising that ageism is on job seekers’ minds nearly as much as the economy,” said Steve Flook, iHire’s President and CEO. “In 2023, employers should embrace hiring workers of all ages as part of their DEI strategies. That can involve anonymizing and removing dates from applicant resumes, crafting job ads with more inclusive language, and training hiring managers and recruiters to recognize and combat bias.”
Joberfer enters Beta with a vision to disrupt traditional job search
We believe in the power of human connection and helping people attain their highest potential. We are reimagining a world where anyone anywhere can refer a friend, family or network connection to a job and be compensated for their role in inspiring great talent to take action. We are challenging the status quo and daring to think different by democratizing referrals to jobs. How are we doing that? Our mission is to help people earn money and get jobs by seamlessly connecting referrers, jobseekers and employers on one platform. We are streamlining a new user experience that is simpler, better & faster.
Fountain launches new platform capabilities to support and empower recruiters
Fountain, the world’s leading applicant tracking system (ATS) for high-volume hiring, today announces new recruiter tools that support seamless scheduling and interviewing. New calendaring functionality enables seamless scheduling and interviewing. Scheduling and conducting interviews are the highest-friction points in hourly hiring and a time-intensive activity for recruiting teams. Recent updates to the Fountain platform support scheduling for in-person and virtual interviews, making it quick and easy for candidates to book time on recruiters’ calendars. “Fountain is leveraging automation to create a customizable, user-friendly software experience that is simple and fast for recruiters,” said Sean Behr, CEO of Fountain. “Creating an optimized recruiter experience is paramount to allowing organizations to qualify and hire talent faster. By investing in the recruiter experience, we are opening doors to more opportunities that help recruiters invest time in other areas of the business.”
Tech sector layoffs barely dent demand for IT talent
Big-name tech companies — Alphabet, Amazon, Meta and Microsoft — generated recent headlines with high profile hiring slowdowns and layoffs. But tech sector upheavals have had a negligible impact on the market for talent, as tech-reliant companies in the financial sector, retail, defense contracting and consulting have picked up the slack. The number of postings for technologists grew 25% year-over-year during the first ten months of 2022, according to a recent report by tech career marketplace Dice. The report analyzed tech job postings from January through October. While listings fell as the economy slowed in Q2 and Q3, the overall number of job postings surpassed pre-pandemic levels in 2019, with all but five states experiencing year-over-year increases. Tech job listings spiked early in the year to over 450,000 and then dipped below 400,000 in August and September, the report said. After two months of decline, postings rebounded with a 3% increase in October.
Get Early Bird Discounts for TAtech North America
• Early Bird Discounts are now available for TAtech North America & The World Job Board Forum, which will be held in Austin, Texas USA on May 22-24, 2023. This is the only conference totally focused on the providers of talent technology and their bottom-line success. Unlike the conferences that treat talent technology companies as a subset of HR tech, this event is specifically designed to advance the success of job boards, aggregators, talent marketplaces and the enterprises that offer programmatic solutions, conversational AI products, recruitment marketing solutions, recruitment advertising services, candidate management platforms, and interviewing and assessment systems. If that’s you, don’t miss this opportunity to meet and interact with your industry peers. Its core theme is as simple as it is powerful: A Rising Tide Lifts All Boats!